ScaleUp Porto - The Growth Champions
ScaleUp Porto – The Growth Champions is a pioneering program in Portugal run by the City of Porto, via its ScaleUp Porto. strategy, in partnership with ANJE – Portuguese Association of Young Entrepreneurs. The first scaleup program in Portugal tackles the growth challenges that scaleups face when they are expanding globally: access to market, capital and talent. The ScaleUp Porto – The Growth Champions serves two different segments: Industry 4.0 and Venture-Backed Scaleups. The workshops were designed by senior leaders who have been scaling up before in their own companies in order to support the scaleup teams of the badge across five different functions: Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance and People.
2 Facts about The Growth Champions
- Represent 0,3% of all the businesses operating in Portugal;
- Responsible for creating 10,5% of the jobs in the country;
Target & Criteria
The ScaleUp Porto – The Growth Champions program was designed to support two groups of companies operating in the market:
1- The Venture-Backed Scaleups segment is defined by 2 characteristics:
- Companies with more than 1M€ collected in funding;
- OR Business revenues above the 500K€.
2- The High Growth SME group present 3 specific metrics:
- Growth rate over 20% in the past 3 years;
- Annual revenues between 5 and 50 M€;
- Level of exports equal or superior to 15% of the turnover.